Friday, October 25, 2013

How I solved Android's "Insufficient Storage Available" error on my Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Having trouble installing or updating an app because your phone keeps giving you the "Insufficient storage available" error? Does your phone have enough internal memory? Have you searched the internet without ever finding a solution? If you've answered yes to all of these questions then I might be able to help you.

I cannot tell you how much time I've spent looking for a solution to this error, but it has been frustrating not being able to solve it for a very long time, until now. I've tried clearing the cache to Google Playstore, downloaded, installed and ran countless cache cleaner apps. Nothing worked. Then I stumbled on something someone wrote on a forum. Their instructions were to simply delete problematic app's odex file. It said while using a proper file explorer to go to:

System Root > data > app

Then delete the odex file. But that didn't work for me because I had uninstalled the apps that couldn't be updated, so the odex files were not there.

So I decided to go explore some folders in The System Root. Then I found the folder:

System Root > data > app-lib

In that folder I found folders with the names of my problematic apps (eg: "com.ea.game.simpsons4_na-1 & com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile-1" ) so for the fun of it I decided to delete the folders with those apps names on them , since I had nothing to lose. The apps were non functional anyways. And that basically did it.

In simple terms, I got lucky by making an educated guess.

Try it it might work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment